So Ben has always wanted a Koi pond. For years in our Winston-Salem house I avoided it by saying at our next house you can have one- at our next house. What was I thinking- did I not think that we would ever outgrow a 2 bedroom 1 bath house or that med school would never end! Well, we are in our next house and I said we could have one. Ben has worked very hard to design this himself with minimal help. We did employ the triplet boys down the street to help dig the hole and Ben and a friend used our other neighbors truck to haul the dirt to an undisclosed location- don't ask. The other intern guys also helped dig the deep part (5 feet deep in the back) and lay the rock. We also had friends give us some of the beginning equipment and flowers. We started with 4 fish- one for each of us and have since added an unique black, white and orange one. We also have at least 4 bullfrogs that have moved in. They like to sing (loudly croak) right at bedtime. I was a true skeptic at first but with the recent TLC I am moving to the dark side.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment